BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and mid-Missouri regions. BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
Assists the Chief Financial Officer in planning, directing and overseeing the financial functions of the system with and serves as a key financial leader within the all aspects of BJCs business and system leadership. This position is the primary operational finance leader for the organization with a focus on operational finance and financial analysis and reporting. Serves in multiple capacities in finance leadership including leadership in and preparation for Finance and Planning Committee meetings, serving as a financial expert resource for senior leadership related to service/business line financial analysis, financial analysis for capital planning and all aspects of operational finance including development of operational reports for monitoring financial performance. Serves as a member of the Workforce Management Steering committee, PPRC and BLT. Works closely with operational leadership of HSO and business units in a matrix reporting relationship.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Additional specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Financial Planning and Analysis: Financial analysis: Leads team and oversees/performs HR analysis support, supply chain analysis support, ad hoc analysis, incentive plan metrics and reporting. Works closely with Strategic Planning to provide financial insight to system strategic planning process and associated financial analysis – including membership on BLT. Includes continued development and evolution of product line analysis and reporting.
Financial Planning and Analysis: Budget and Forecasting: Prepares the annual operating budget, multi-year model (MYM), and semi-monthly forecast projection report. Responsible for the oversight of the evolution of the budgeting and forecasting function to data driven, dynamic process versus static budget. Select, maintain, and drive utilization of enterprise-wide financial systems.
- Operational Finance: Serves as primary operational finance leader for BJC.
• Develop Operational Finance leadership teams
• Lead Operational Finance month-end review process
• With other leaders, prepare, implement, and monitor financial action plans when appropriate
• BJC Corporate Financial representative to certain HSO Boards and certain JV Boards
• Work with operational leadership to oversee all operational finance leadership of organization including but not limited to direct responsibility for BJCMG, Hospice & Home Care, BJC Home Care and Community Services, Ambulatory Business Lines and various matrix relationships with HSO financial leadership.
• Serves as a member of the Workforce Management Steering committee, PPRC and BLT
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.