Banner Health believes leadership matters. We look for leaders who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our executives are at the forefront of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is part of the system senior leadership team (SLT), reporting directly into the President & CEO, Banner Health, and is accountable for setting the strategic direction and driving success for the organization. This position is responsible for planning, directing and evaluating the strategic plan and goals to position Banner for success and ensure a collaborative, open and in inclusive work environment that is focused on quality of outcomes and superior service orientation. This position also serves as a role model to staff across the system; representing Banner in a positive manner both within and outside the organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Sets the strategic direction for the organization, including providing clear expectations, courageous leadership and innovative and inclusive solutions to ensure the successful achievement of desired and integrated strategic business objectives, and outcomes including, but not limited to, growth, customer experience, accountability and patient care.
2. Leads senior leaders across the organization; fostering a culture of accountability and innovative thought leadership for achieving plans and performance targets. Provides direction and counsel to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting initiatives and operations. Develops staff to ensure continued professional growth and talent management to support the growth and long-term success of the organization.
3. Builds and supports effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external stakeholders and organizations, ensuring and fostering a high level of collaboration in order to develop partnerships, coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and/or resolve problems. Promotes and models positive relationships among various entities.
4. Oversees the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies and practices. Maintains an effective internal control environment to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, proper compliance with existing laws and regulations achieved, and operations comply with the legal and regulatory parameters in which it operates.
5. Develops, reviews, and monitors financial and performance outcomes to assure attainment of organizational objectives. Maintains an effective budgeting and capital planning discipline in conjunction with operational management to ensure planned revenues, expenses, and/or profit goals are met.
6. Ensures the integration of new and innovative operations and/or services by providing leadership that maximizes management staff's contributions and assures timely decision-making reflective of the mission, vision, and values of the system.
7. Serves as a staff resource to the organization's Governing Board and/or applicable committees. Develops, implements, and reports to the Board on strategic initiatives, outcomes, and measurements. May serve on applicable Board subcommittees.
8. This position has accountability for ensuring the success of the organization, including setting the strategic direction and providing strong, innovative, thoughtful and creative leadership in the achievement of the organizations strategic goals and objectives. This position requires the skill to negotiate. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and the community.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Strong knowledge of healthcare operations as normally obtained through the completion of a Master's Degree in Business, Health Services Administration, or a related field and ten years of progressively responsible managerial experience in applicable area(s) of position responsibility, including a minimum of five years senior management level experience within a health care system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require one or more of the following certifications: CHE; FACHE; license to practice law in the State of Arizona; eligible for or hold a current State of Arizona license to practice medicine; MD or Osteopathy Degree with appropriate Board Certification.
Experience working in a large, highly-matrixed, integrated delivery system in an executive level position. Proven track record of driving strategic and performance outcomes, as well as accomplishing organizational goals. Experience anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers. Proven experience in managing fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible operations. Strong financial and business acumen. Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting methodologies. Skilled in effectively engaging management level staff, employees, and stakeholders in order to build partnerships, achieve strategic initiatives, and attain organizational goals; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while approaching issues/problems by considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching management level staff by providing open and honest feedback that results in enhanced performance outcomes; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish organizational goals; quickly assessing and assimilating organizational and industry financial dynamics in order to make appropriate decisions and act quickly on new initiatives; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative relationships with internal and/or external strategic partners and/or other applicable parties. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: systems-thinker; innovative; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuous improvement and providing high quality service to our customers.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.