YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Executive Director Home Based Services AdventHealth Orlando FT- AdventHealth Orlando – FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Executive Director, Home Based Services will be a divisional role with the responsibility is to provide executive leadership and oversite to all the operations of the home-based services within the Central Florida Division (CFD) with the exception of Hospice Care. This position will report directly to the Vice President Home Based Services working closely with divisional and corporate leadership to ensure execution of strategic business plans through exemplary operations of the home care entities. Oversight of home-based services and oversight of post-acute joint ventures (JV) for home infusion and durable medical equipment (DME). The Executive Director leads team engagement, drives desired outcomes related to manage scorecard metrics and mentors all staff providing clinical and non-clinical support services. The measures of success for this role will result in team, service, clinical, financial, and market outcomes that demonstrate value to all constituents. Theis Executive Director plays an integral role in providing senior leadership with the information and tools needed to make strategic decisions and is responsible for programmatic development of key and expanded service offerings. This role is directly responsible for the day-to-day management of programs, oversight of market growth, expansion of facilities as necessary and supporting resources necessary to carry out the critical work of the Hospice Clinical team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: â· Directs day to day operations for home based services within CFD. â§ Prepares, executes, and monitors departmental operating budgets to ensure appropriate staffing, professional development, space, supplies, and all equipment necessary for maintaining and improving the quality of services provided to patients and stakeholders. Ensures that all departments operate within allocated budget. Including marketing and volume growth initiatives; within AdventhHealth network integrity and external referral sources. Collaborates with key business unit partners and establishes comprehensive market-based services in partnership with Population Health team to market to prospective customers. â§ Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind leadership decisions and activities; identifying breakdowns in customer service and identifying solutions to create customer focused systems, processes and procedures. â§ Provides input into budgeting, business development, goal setting, results measurement and contract negotiations â§ Develops and implements initiatives, processes, and systems, and creates goals that align with organizational and operational strategies, supporting organizational initiatives. â§ Utilizes organizational databases, decision support, and expert systems programs to access information and analyze data from various sources for use in planning and development of processes and systems supporting scope of practice. â· Assists in the development of and deploys innovative care models that improve the care at home experience for consumers and their families. â· Implements and Drives quality initiatives that improve outcomes and experience for those we serve . as well as achieving top quartile performance in all respected areas. â· Ensures through day to day operational processes compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding Hospice care and all CMS or other appropriate regulatory guidelines. â§ Accountable for assuring compliance and provides evidence of performance with all appropriate regulatory requirements for home care, infusion, DME and other home-based services. Operationalizes and assures compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Center for Disease and Prevention (CDC), the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), and Patient Safety regulations at the service line level where applicable. Adheres to applicable practice standards that relate to Hospice. â§ Demonstrates support of AdventHealth policies, procedures, and guidelines to remain in accordance with requirements for employment, including, but not limited to: compliance policy and procedures, fire and safety regulations, hospital dress code. â· Manages all staff downlines and is responsible for team development and succession planning. Identifies, develops and mentors others to enable them to meet their fullest potential. Maintains a high level of professionalism, exemplifying role model status. Participates in teaching opportunities as applicable. â· Actively supports the CFD and Market CEOâ€™s to support services and business units as an Integrated Health Business Unit advocate and leader for clinical integration (i.e., Finance, Clinical, People, Strategy, and Learning). â· Drives standardization in operational and clinical care models that is consistent with our brand, mission, and best care practices. â· Serves as an ambassador within the community to represent Home Based Services, AdventHealth brand. â· Participates in workforce planning and employment decisions, champions a diverse workforce, interprets and evaluates employee satisfaction and quality of work surveys, acting as needed to ensure a positive outcome. â· Identifies employment requirements, functions, tasks and job specifications for positions within reporting structure rollup. Assesses job candidatesâ€™ skills and experience and selects top talent in accordance with needs. Identifies future skill sets needed to maintain organizational competitiveness. Ensures appropriate orientation for new staff and appropriate methodologies for ongoing competency assessment of staff. Monitors and ensures timely completion of performance evaluations, sets goals, and provides feedback and counseling to employees. Rounds with employees on regular basis, engaging staff and leading on maintaining environment of safety. Plans to address issues such as ethnic, cultural and diversity changes in the population; political and social influences; financial and economic issues; aging of society and demographic trends; ethical issues; and environmental influences on health.
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Broad knowledge of Home Based care models and operational models
· Knowledge and experience in the regulatory and compliance requirements for Home Based care set by CMS and other appropriately appointed local, state, federal bodies.
· Skilled in providing age appropriate education and patient care by interacting positively with patients, families, staff, physicians and the community
· Knowledge of healthcare as well as current and future healthcare trends
· Skills such as conflict management and decisiveness, team-centered leadership, listening and negotiation skills, political astuteness, flexible thinking, presentation skills, results-oriented and strategic vision, budget and finance understanding, excellent personal, reasoning, and effective oral and written communication skills, physician relationships
· Strong communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills, including team-centered leadership and facilitation
· Maintains the confidentiality of patients, physicians, and department information with no infractions
· Aptitude for critical thinking, decision making, and managing competing priorities
· Leadership skills providing the ability to interact appropriately with all other departments regarding care management and illness adjustment issues
· Skilled in self-direction and organization. Effective decision-making skills with minimal supervision
· Ability to work in a diverse, matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals. Refined presentation competencies and executive level communication capability
· Proficient in use of computer software, particularly Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and various software applicable software platforms
· Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
· Ability to work well with others using tact and diplomacy
· Ability to multi-task and work independently; comfortable handling ambiguous situations.
· Ability to organize, delegate, and establish meaningful goals; establish effective working relationships with leaders, physicians, and employees
· Ability to develop leadership competencies in others.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, healthcare administration or related field
· Five (5) years of healthcare management experience at least two (2) in Home Care
· Seven (7) years of healthcare experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field
· Formal Process Improvement Training
· Project management experience
· Program administration or development experience
· Financial management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Registered nurse, respiratory therapist, or other allied health professional credential highly preferred
· Manage Director(s) of clinical and non-clinical operations across the Home Care, Infusion, DME and Home Based service line within CFD.
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.