Are you interested in working for one of the largest and most integrated healthcare providers in Georgia? Consider Wellstar Health System! Right now, we have an exceptional opportunity for an Executive Director of Infection Control!
In this role, you will serve as the System expert (11-hospital system in Georgia) for all infection surveillance and analysis activities to advance Wellstar Health System’s operational performance related to infections. The Executive Director serves as an advisor to the Product Value Analysis Teams and liaison between the analysis teams and sites.
In this role, the System Executive Director of Infection Prevention:
1) Ensures timely identification and disposition of infection events and supports the analysis of complex infection data and trends for the determination of improvement initiatives.
2) Oversees hospitals/components development, implementation and evaluation of their infection prevention/control plans and assists in coordinating the programs with the larger communities.
3) Facilitates the development, and implementation of policies and procedures that govern prevention and control of infections and communicable diseases collaborating with all areas.
4) Ensures policies and procedures are in compliance with current regulatory standards/requirements.
5) Works with hospitals/components to annually identify areas at risk and utilizes this information when annual system/hospital safety and quality goals are established.
6) Establishes system tactics for infection prevention/control and monitors activities around actions.
Total Rewards Benefits:
At Wellstar, our mission is to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve, and that includes our team members. We reward our team members with one of the industry’s best benefits packages, including:
Retirement Savings 403(b) Plan
Resources for Sitters, Nannies, Elder Care, Housekeepers and Pet Sitters
Visit www.WellstarRewards.com to see our full Total Rewards offering
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of nursing, Public Health, or Epidemiology required
Master’s degree from an accredited school of nursing, Public Health or Epidemiology (preferred)
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in established infection prevention program at acute care hospital, including two (2) years of program leadership experience required
Experience in outpatient/ambulatory settings is (preferred)
National certification in infection control is required within 24 months of hire
About Wellstar Health System
Nationally ranked and locally recognized for our high-quality care, inclusive culture, and exceptional doctors and caregivers, Wellstar Health system is one of the most integrated healthcare systems in Georgia. Every day, our team of 25,000+ healthcare professionals provide personalized care for patients at every age and stage of life.