The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will provide executive leadership for Colorado Mountain Medical (CMM) and will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of all administrative, operational and financial functions. The CEO will lead the development of CMMas long-term and short-term strategies. In concert with the Board and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) of VH, the CEO will play an integral role in enhancing CMMas market position, reputation, and visibility as an exemplary medical group while maintaining sharp focus on delivering the highest level of quality care.A CEO reports toA and is accountable to the VH CEO and CMM Board.A
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:A A A
1. Establishes and communicates a clear and compelling vision.
2. Works with the Board, senior management team, physicians and staff to develop and implement strategies in support CMMas mission, goals, and objectives.
3. Serves as a member of the VH ELT.
4. Monitor the organizationas progress towards meeting goals and objectives; take steps as required to assure that goals are met.
5. Responsible for the operational, financial and clinical performance of the organization.
6. Collects and analyzes data from internal and external sources regarding key performance indicators of the business. Identifies and prioritizes associated needs.
7. Oversees the preparation and management of sound operating, project and capital budgets.
8. Leads and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
9. Promotes a positive work environment and clinical culture in order to help attract, retain and foster high levels of staff satisfaction.
10. Takes a proactive approach to value-based care, healthcare reform, population health management and related issues.
11. Oversees the development of new business opportunities.
12. Develops and maintain positive relations with local community as well as the community leaders.
13. Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.A Must be HIPAA compliant.
MinimumA 10 yearsa experience in a senior/executive level leadership role within a multi-specialty group practice preferred.
A Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with key stakeholders to form strategic alliances and advance the organization.
Demonstrated success growing patient volume, expanding services, recruiting physicians, and advancing a practice in a competitive market.
Strong financial acumen and demonstrated experience managing fiscal performance.
Inspiring visionary and team-builder who can motivate others and build collaboration.A
Strong analytical skill set with sound judgement and the ability to develop creative and strategic recommendations.
Proven success fostering productive relationships with the Board, leadership, medical staff, employees, and external constituencies
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center. The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became “Vail Valley Medical Center” in 1980, its first year as a full-service hospital. At that time, we had one primary locatio...n and 25 physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, nearly 1,000 employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers. Vail Health is an equal-opportunity employer. The hospital is handicap accessible and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Smoking is prohibited in our facilities. This includes e-cigarettes.