Strategic Initiatives Consultant - Community Health Choice
Harris Health System
Location: Houston, Texas
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: 157801
JOB SUMMARY: Directly reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Strategic Initiatives Consultant will serve as the right hand to the COO providing leverage for that role. The Strategic Initiatives Consultant will leverage a background of experience in health insurance and/or consulting to enable faster and higher quality decision making by the COO. The Strategic Initiatives Consultant will be able to understand the COOs business intent and guidance and be able to represent the COO, and clearly articulate the COO's positions, as needed on company initiatives, and across departments, of the health plan. The Strategic Initiatives Consultant will be able to provide leadership over related projects and analyses and create highly professional presentations to communicate and support findings.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Required: Bachelor's Degree Preferred: Master's Degree, in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration.
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Required: strong familiarity with business and operations strategy development and implementation; data analysis Preferred: 5+ years in health insurance/health plans or Preferred: 3+ years of consulting at a recognized consulting firm
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
4. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
5. Other Requirements: Exhibit a strong aptitude for analytical thinking and must possess demonstrated data skills. Must have excellent interpersonal/communication skills
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: (Check Applicable Areas)
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact, Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports)
2. Other Skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
3. Advanced Education: Bachelor's Degree: Business, Public Health, Mathematics, or related field Master's Degree: MBA or MHA Preferred
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.