Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-018088
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA, is it in yours?
Clinical Pathology Labs (CPL), a Sonic Healthcare USA company, is looking for an experienced VP of Compliance in Austin, Texas.
The VP of Compliance is responsible for the day-to-day operation of CPL's Compliance program which is designed to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct consistent with current guidance and DHHS/OIG Compliance Program for Clinical Laboratories. The position is divisional in scope and the Compliance Director works with the Chief Compliance Officer and affiliated compliance team members on development, implementation and adherence to CPL/Sonic Healthcare USA Compliance Program guidelines. This role is an active participant in compliance education for all CPL employees.
Essential Job Duties:
- Leadership - Demonstrates the company's commitment to ethical business practices, sets the tone with division leadership to facilitate consistent messaging throughout CPL laboratories. Skilled in dealing with ambiguity, driving change, and facilitating resolution of complex business issues that may interface with multiple federal or state laws or agencies. Provides guidance for disciplinary action for employees that violate or fail to comply with Compliance policies and procedures.
- Design, Develop, Update and Implement - Policies and/or procedures designed to meet the compliance requirements of the company, federal healthcare programs or other applicable fraud and abuse agencies. Reviews and evaluates plan effectiveness annually.
- Responds - to alleged violations of company rules, policies, procedures, state or federal business laws rules or regulations by conducting investigation proceedings when appropriate ensuring the implementation of corrective actions.
- Audit & Monitoring - Develop and implement the activities necessary to demonstrate an effective compliance program including but not limited to auditing and monitoring activities. Reviews and interprets audit and ensures they are completed timely. Maintain compliance reporting, hotline maintenance and education, documentation systems and reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer. Performs annual Risk Assessment to define audits needed.
- Training & Awareness - Monitor annual Compliance training. Implement national compliance awareness programs, materials, training modules and develop local material for new or changing policies, regulations, etc.
- Reporting - Quarterly and annual reporting as required to compliance committee, chief compliance officer on compliance program activities.
Other General and Related Duties Include:
- Requires regular visits to Regional locations, investigation of all compliance concerns/complaints, and oversight of HIPAA.
- Ability to operate and administrate the central office compliance reporting system at divisional level to manage compliance inquiries, investigations, and resolution in secure confidential manner.
- Ability to remain current and interpret rules, regulation and policy affecting laboratories and/or locate source material such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and affiliated Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs), DHHS Office of Inspector General, and state regulators, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization both orally and in writing to convey information, effectively manage conflict, and promote compliance in the organization.
- Detail oriented with ability to manage priorities for a demanding workload, develop others, exercise discretion, improve processes and measure effectiveness.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the qualifications and experience we require:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or a healthcare related field required, Master's degree preferred. Certification in Healthcare Compliance required (in process ok).
- Minimum of five (5) years of healthcare regulatory or compliance related experience, including 3 years at a management level.
- A good working knowledge of healthcare compliance, Stark, Anti-kickback statutes. Strong knowledge of Clinical or Pathology Lab Medicare and Medicaid billing requirements.
- Ability to interpret rules and regulations affecting laboratories and/or locate sources to assure correct interpretation of these rules and regulations. Ability to remain current regarding rules and regulations as they may be revised by various sources such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the DHHS Office of Inspector General, and state regulators such as the Department of State Health Services, the State Board of Medical Examiners, the State Department of Insurance, , and local carriers in each state.
- Ability to communicate with CPL staff and customers effectively to convey information to promote compliance with rules and regulations applying to laboratory operations
- Ability to establish and refine, as needed, systems to effectively monitor CPL compliance with fraud and abuse rules and regulations applying to laboratory operations.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Description elevated 12/7/2022. Requirements had minimal change. No prior candidates affected by change as this was previously "Compliance Officer" which could be VP or Director level.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.